Tuesday, March 25, 2008

World's Largest Bake Sale

Tempt your sweet-tooth and join us for a Mall of America sized version of Share Our Strength's Great American Bake Sale. Over 40, 000 mouth-watering treats baked from Food Network celebrity recipes by students from the Arts Institute International Minnesota will be available to tempt your palate. Sandra Lee star of Food Network's "Semi-Homemade" will be signing copies of her latest books. Duff Goldman from "Ace of Cakes" will be attempting to achieve a world's record for building the largest cupcake. A special cookie jar sale will round out the day's events. Share Our Strength's Great American Bake Sale is a national campaign that mobilizes Americans to end childhood hunger by holding bake sales in their communities.
Since 2003, more than 1 million people have participated in Share Our Strength's Great American Bake Sale, raising nearly $4 million to ensure that no child in America grows up hungry.Sunday, March 30, 200811 a.m Rotunda


If you are in Minneapolis this weekend, check it out! This reminds me that I have not uploaded my picks from the kids' bake sale. I am happy to report the whoopie pies went fabulously quickly. Amazingly I was quickly e-mailed with requests for the recipe which made me feel like I must be doing something right.


Yes, I have been too busy carting the kids to and fro to pay any attention to my sugar friends. As I drive I really do think about all of the lovely posts I could provide you all with once the spring sports rush dies down. For all of you soccer moms out there, I bow down to you!

No comments: