Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mini Oatmeal Creme Pies











I am very into the Mini's these days. Mini cupcakes, mini pastries, and even mini whoopie pies. Yesterday I had some extra buttercream and decided to make some Mini Oatmeal Cream Pies. I used a teaspoon scoop for the cookies and a swirl of my tasty buttercream in the middle. They were absolutely de-lish! I had a hard time staying away from them....

I have to comment on my other pic here. The Domino sugar was wonderful! I have complained for years about sugar and flour coming in bags. I am going to have to figure out a storage system as I buy more in bulk, but for the average home baker who does not use that much flour or sugar, really, can some far thinking packaging designer come up with a better method than the bag? Am I really the only baker who loathes The Bag?? Bags are just so awkward and so when I finally opened this Domino Sugar container a heavenly chorus went off in my head. I do believe the sugar container is recyclable which was my reasoning as to why our dear sugar and flour manufacturers had not come up with something besides The Bag. Onto another tangent.

I love miniatures. So many people are loving mini-desserts these days. I love Tartelette, as you can see from my favorite things, and just realized late last night that she and Karen of Hot Potato are on a Mini Pie Revolution. They have a contest going for best Mini Pie that was due today. Uggh! Guess I missed this second contest for Mini Pies, but I will be on the lookout for the next contest. My husband has fond memories of his grandmother's Mini Lemon Tarts and Pecan Tassies, which has motivated me to re-create some Mini's of my own.



No comments: