Thursday, January 24, 2008

Spring Pleasures-Coming Soon!

This cake is my inspiration for the day. I am sure this cake is pretty familiar for many of you. It is from Martha, of course. It reminds me of spring, and reminds me that fresh flowers would really breathe some life into my house. So far the week has been rough, and the weather here is not helping at all. We have almost four feet of snow now and are in the thick of winter. I am so craving some fresh air and flowers. I have to confess to keeping fake plants around all year. Green grasses and ivy just help me feel much better when I can't even see the grass in my yard. I don't have a greenthumb for indoor plants (as my husband will tell you)although I will try from time to time.

Not that I have not been in the kitchen though! Tuesday was a snow day for the kids, so we all naturally spent much of the day in the kitchen. If I ever get to sit at this computer for more than two minutes at a time, I will start posting my own stuff.

1 comment:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Ooh, that's a gorgeous cake! LOVE IT :)